Tip Of Borneo Day Trip
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip To Kudat
The Tip Of Borneo, as the name implies, is right at the Northern tip of Borneo. The end of the line and it is located in a district of Sabah called Kudat. Kudat is about a 3 hour drive from Kota Kinabalu. The road is fairly decent, and you will go through quite a number of interesting towns in rural Sabah.
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip takes you to Tanjung Simpang Mengayau, an additional 45 minutes from the main road. When you arrive, you are looking at the South China Sea, with absolutely beautiful, pristine water.
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip and Tour
- Rungus longhouse
- Bee farm
- Gong Village
- Tip of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip includes a stop at a Rungus longhouse, Kampung Bavanggazo. Traditionally, the Rungus people live in longhouses which are built on stilts, and made what materials that are readily available from the jungle. You will experience the Rungus communal lifestyle in a purpose-built longhouse made entirely using traditional materials.
Gombizau Honey Bee Farm
Visitors can partake raw honey which possess medicinal properties and Borneo wild honey is delicious. This bee farm produces honey for local consumption, which includes being used in cooking.
Kampung Sumangkap Gong Factory
The gong is the most important Rungus musical instrument which is played during festivals and weddings. The gongs comes in various sizes and is still in use today.
Tip Of Borneo, Tanjung Simpang Mengayau
Seeing the Tip of Borneo for the first time is memorable. For lack of a better description, the view is dramatic. This is where the South China Sea meets the Sulu Sea. Simpang Mengayau translates as ‘the lingering junction’, which refers to the meeting of two seas.
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip Itinerary
- 0700 hrs: Pick up from hotel, proceed towards Kudat.
- 1000 – 1630 hrs: Enjoy a day of unique sights and cultural experience, with lunch.
- 1630 -1930 hrs: Return to Kota Kinabalu city.
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip Includes:
- Pick Up and Return Transfer to hotel
- A visit to a Rungus longhouse
- A visit to a Honey Bee Farm
- A visit to a Gong Factory
- Tour guide
Tip Of Borneo Day Trip duration: from 0700 hrs to 1930 hrs.
- Minimum 2 person, unless you can fit in with other groups, depending on available seats.
- Single person will pay double if other options are unavailable.
- Pickup from hotel within KK city.
- Pickup from hotel outside KK city is RM30 per person.
- Infant below 2 years old are free, children below 12 years old are charged child rates.
- Once booked, there are no refunds.
Book now for Tip Of Borneo Day Trip.